16 September, 2014

What happened when I heard about a raspberry Pi



The enthusiast inside me was just sleeping for a while (possibly around 3 years due to the damn corporate IT culture). And technically that was the reason why there wasn't enough posts recently. Suddenly last month on a trip to Coorg with @asuthoshjg & @nikhilkv, I heared about this little nasty motherboard from @asuthoshjg. The whole reason for the raspberry pi to hit our conversation was just my concern about a 4GB SD card in dslr that will easily run out of memory before we reach Coorg via Mysore. And pi just got hooked enough into my brain that browsing about it was the first thing that I did when reached back home after a sleepless night of driving and hunger.

The one best paragraph that explains everything about the pi in their community website is added below.

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It is a capable little computer which can be used in electronics projects, and for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. We want to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn how computers work, how to manipulate the electronic world around them, and how to program.


It was one of the interesting things that I heared recently apart from the understanding that Saturday and Sunday are holidays at my workplace (sigh - literally). The another thing that increased my anticipation was that pi was available for online purcase at lot of sites. And I started getting excited about a pocket cpu that is powered by ARM6 700 Mhz processor with 512MB RAM, 4 USB ports, ethernet port and hdmi out at 4k-5k along with accessories. The plan was to replace the  plan of purchasing a vaccum-cleaner ( countless requests from my mother since last months) with the raspberry Pi. 


The funniest part was, Pi will just improve the count of number of computers (used and unused) at my home by 4. Four is a good number, by the way. It was not the Pi alone, but it was the enthusiasm and same old interest to these kind of stuffs when i was at my college, that is coming back to home along with the Pi soon.


Hopefully another post will be ready soon in a week when I get my hands on the Pi...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

speak out... itz your time !!!

 

Terminal Diary | techblog Copyright © 2009 Gadget Blog is Designed by jintu jacob Powered by Blogger